Measures for the controlled and safe staging of events at Messe Stuttgart
Trade fairs and exhibitions in Stuttgart can be staged safely. Messe Stuttgart has formulated a concept to protect the health of its exhibitors, visitors and employees. These are the measures.
Hotline: +49 711 18560–2011
Have you got questions concerning the hygiene concept of Messe Stuttgart and the safe participation in trade fairs and events? Please call our Safe Expo Hotline: +49 711 18560–2011 on workdays between 09:00 and 16:00h.
- 1. General measures on the trade fair grounds
- 2. Conduct on the trade fair grounds
- 3. Information and control
- 4. Restaurants/Catering/Stand catering
- 5. In exhibition halls and the ICS International Congress Center Stuttgart
- 6. Registration, access and payments
- A. Measures at the trade fair/exhibition stand
- B. Measures for planning an event
- C. Measures for the use of conference room
- The recommendations of the Robert Koch Institute on hygiene must be observed (www.rki.de).
- The trade fair grounds of Messe Stuttgart have a building management system of the highest technical standards. This enables intensive air exchange to take place in the exhibition halls.
- The trade fair halls are ventilated with a higher fresh air volume in order to guarantee a continuous supply of fresh air.
- The entire buildings/halls and all conference rooms are continuously supplied with fresh air.
- The frequency of cleaning and disinfection in the sanitary areas and in highly frequented contact areas (such as banisters) throughout the trade fair grounds have been increased during event operations. The trade fair grounds are equipped with sufficient hand sanitiser dispensers and information boards, at the entrances and exits, toilets, as well as in front of the food areas. Exclusively non-reusable towels (paper towels) are used in the sanitary areas.
- Information about infection protection and the associated rules of conduct are depicted in the rooms as signs.
- Transparent partitions made of glass and plastic are installed at every counter where there is contact between employees of Messe Stuttgart or service companies and attendants of events (e.g. at counters in the Press Centre, VIP-Lounge, the trade fair shop, cloakrooms, service offices, information counters).
- Lifts should only be used by two persons at the same time.
- Lifts should be reserved for individuals with restricted mobility and for parents with prams.
- The use of open staircases, e.g. in the foyer of the ICS International Congress Center Stuttgart, is recommended.
2.1 Social distancing rule
During the time spent on the trade fair grounds, a minimum distance of 1.5m between persons is recommended.
Messe Stuttgart supports compliance with social distancing rules by means of corresponding floor markings in relevant areas. You can find the current social distancing rules in our leaflet Corona Regulations (PDF, 78 KB).
2.2 Number of visitors
- In order to comply with the distance regulations between persons, the number of persons present at the same time is determined for each trade fair, exhibition and in the exhibition area of a congress: Please see the fact sheet (PDF, 78 KB)for currently valid distance regulations.
- Operators, organisers, exhibitors and their employees and other persons involved will not be included in the calculation.
2.3 Recommendation to wear masks
It is recommend to wear a medical or respiratory mask (FFP2 or similar) during the entire stay on the exhibition grounds.
The implementation of and conscientious compliance with the protection and hygiene regulations applicable on the exhibition grounds at the time of the event are the responsibility of Messe Stuttgart for its own events and the responsibility of the organiser for guest events. These requirements apply in addition to our „Technical Guidelines (PDF, 416 KB)“.
- In the run-up to the event (e.g. at the time of registration) all participants in the event (visitors, exhibitors, journalists, employees, service providers, etc.) will be informed about the hygiene and safety measures.
- Reference to the measures will be made on the trade fair grounds in a suitable form and to an adequate extent (posters/notices, flyers, loudspeaker announcements, etc.).
- Safety and hygiene measures will be supplemented by specially trained personnel on the trade fair grounds. Messe Stuttgart will specifically use trained personnel to ensure that the required social distancing rules are observed.
- Messe Stuttgart recommends that the event participants use the corona warning app of the German Federal Government.
- The aisles (≥ 3 metres) between the exhibition stands are designed for the number of people expected at the same time.
- If required (e.g. direct selling in the aisle area), the width of the aisle must be chosen so that the protection and waiting zones along the stands are observed.
- If necessary, the areas at the heads of the halls will be kept free in order to create enough space for queuing areas at the sanitary facilities and bistros. For this purpose, the necessary waiting areas for toilets and the gastronomy area must be determined in the planning phase based on the expected number of visitors.
Admission codes, which (trade fair/congress) visitors receive in advance via media, from exhibitors or from Messe Stuttgart, can only be redeemed in advance and online in the Ticket Shop of Messe Stuttgart.
Visitors will only receive their tickets in advance and online via the Ticket Shop of Messe Stuttgart. Every ticket is valid for a defined event day. No season tickets lasting several days will be issued. However, it will be possible to attend an event on several days.
The maximum number of visitors on the trade fair grounds and in the ICS International Congress Center Stuttgart will be monitored. Messe Stuttgart will implement targeted measures (e.g. locking turnstiles) to ensure that this maximum number of visitors is not exceeded. Access is no longer possible at full capacity.
To avoid physical contact, particularly in the entry phase, contactless access control, electronic admission tickets (pre-registration) and electronic payment are preferred.
Queues will be formed safely through the use of an access management system and distance markings on the floor. Compliance with the social distancing rules will be supported through specific visitor guidance.
Visitors and exhibitors will enter and leave via a maximum number of entrances and exits. Contactless payment facilities are being set up in many areas at Messe Stuttgart. This involves, for example, the Messe restaurants and bistros. Messe Stuttgart is following established solutions in the retail trade in this respect.
Deviations are possible with guest events. They must be clarified beforehand with Messe Stuttgart.
- The following “Measures at the Trade Fair/Exhibition Stand” are part of the hygiene concept of Messe Stuttgart. They are based on the currently valid requirements and the hygiene specifications of the Corona Ordinance of Baden-Württemberg in particular. It is recommended to observe the regulations as a minimum requirement for your trade fair appearance.
- The implementation of and conscientious compliance with the protection and hygiene regulations applicable on the exhibition grounds at the time of the event are the responsibility of Messe Stuttgart. Whereas at the trade fair stand, it is the responsibility of you as an exhibitor - comparable with occupational health and safety acts or fire protection. These requirements apply in addition to the „Technical Guidelines (PDF, 416 KB)“.
- It is mandatory to appoint a person in charge for the event management who can be contacted at any time (valid for set-up and dismantling times, as well as exhibitor opening times) with mobile contact details.
- Stand construction planning/stand construction concepts must comply with the valid Corona Ordinance of Baden-Württemberg with regard to distancing and hygiene regulations.
- In general, the minimum distance between people must be observed. Please see the fact sheet “At a glance (PDF, 78 KB)” for currently valid distance regulations.
- Sufficient open space must be reserved within the stand area for visitors for product presentations and presentations.
- For direct selling from the stand into the aisles, attention must be paid to the positioning of counters and showcases so that there are sufficient waiting and protection zones along the sales area. This may be ensured by sufficiently wide aisles or by incorporating the counters and showcases in the stand.
- In order to comply with the current hygiene and distance regulations, sufficient space must be planned around exhibits, if necessary with social distancing markings on the floor.
- Two-storey stands are only permitted if the areas underneath are open plan ands sufficient air exchange is guaranteed.
- Temporary meeting and work areas constructed in the halls should be designed with completely open roofs or ensure adequate air exchange.
- Set-up and dismantling times must be adapted to requirements where necessary, as compliance with social distancing and hygiene regulations may lead to delays in the set-up and dismantling.
- The currently applicable entry and quarantine requirements of the German Federal Foreign Office have to be observed.
- For all further measures please refer to chapter General hygiene measures on the trade fair grounds.
The following „Measures for planning an event“ are part of the hygiene concept of Messe Stuttgart. They are part of the and are based on the current requirements, in particular the hygiene regulations of the Corona Ordinance of the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg. We recommend that you observe the requirements in our leaflet Corona Regulations as the minimum standard for your trade fair appearance.
The implementation of and conscientious compliance with the safety and hygiene regulations applicable on the trade fair grounds at the time of the event is the responsibility of Messe Stuttgart or the event organiser. These requirements apply in addition to our Technical Guidelines.
This general information serves the planning of your event and form the framework for the approvability of your event. The details must be agreed with Messe Stuttgart.
The maximum number of people in one room must be observed.
Entrance areas and foyers must have a clear visitor routing structure for orientation
(marking and/or sign concept).
For events with over 500 people during the day it must be agreed whether additional mobile cloakrooms are required in the entrances. The areas for waiting zones in front of permanent cloakrooms in the entrances are too small depending on the particular situation.
The hall layout must take into account sufficient open spaces for all event participants. For the purpose of planning, Messe Stuttgart will provide sample plans which comply with the current Corona Ordinance.
It is recommended that additional waiting zones, communication zones and rest zones be created. Certain waiting zones (e.g. permanent cloakrooms, information counters, etc.) are already marked on the trade fair grounds in accordance with the hygiene concept of Messe Stuttgart.
The organiser must formulate a hygiene concept according to the valid Corona Ordinance of the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg and submit it in writing to Messe Stuttgart and the responsible authorities when requested to do so.
Social distancing and hygiene regulations may lead to delays in the set-up and dismantling; if necessary, the set-up and dismantling times must be adapted accordingly.
The event organiser shall implement targeted measures (e.g. locking turnstiles) to ensure that this maximum number of visitors is not exceeded and access is no longer possible at full capacity.
The event organiser is responsible for ensuring that all legal requirements applicable at the time of the event regarding safety and hygiene, particularly for avoiding the spread and infection of trade fair participants with the SARS-CoV-2 virus (so-called coronavirus), are met. The organiser must process data for the purpose of contact tracing according to the valid Corona Ordinance. In that respect, Messe Stuttgart has a right of access, scrutiny and
instruction, unless proven outweighing concerns of the event organiser provide otherwise.
For the operation of snack bars in the halls, areas in front of the snack bars must be kept clear for the catering companies to allow for the set-up of tables/seats for the snack bars. Ask our Project Manager Technical Services about the defined areas.
If necessary, the areas at the heads of the halls will be kept free in order to create enough space for queuing areas at the sanitary facilities and bistros. For this purpose, the necessary waiting areas for toilets and the gastronomy area must be determined in the planning phase based on the expected number of visitors.
The aisles (≥ 3 metres) between the exhibition stands are designed for the number of people expected at the same time. Participants in the trade fair can therefore move freely in the aisles whilst still observing the social distancing rules. Messe Stuttgart recommends an aisle width of at least 4 metres.
If required (e.g. direct selling in the aisle area), the width of the aisle must be chosen so that the protection and waiting zones along the stands are observed.
In the planning phase attention must be paid to targeted visitor guidance and active visitor management through professional crowd management (e.g. specially trained security service personnel).
Lifts should be used by no more than two persons at the same time. Lifts should be reserved for individuals with restricted mobility and for parents with prams.
Stand construction concepts must be adapted according to the current social distancing and hygiene regulations.
Requirements arising from the current Corona Ordinance must be observed.
- In agreement with Messe Stuttgart it is recommended to implement regular visual and acoustic information messages with general and special safety notices with regard to disinfection protection and the associated rules of conduct in the entrance areas.
- The organiser must appoint a hygiene officer who is responsible for ensuring compliance with the standards before and during the event. This task can also be performed by the Event Manager. For all other measures, please also refer to the General hygiene measures on the trade fair grounds in the hygiene concept.
- The minimum distance rule should also be observed in face-to-face conversations or during breaks.
- Please note that walking routes, as well as entrances and exits are predefined where necessary. It can therefore be ensured that the paths of the visitors do not cross.
- There should be separate entrances and exits (where space allows).
- The common areas should be generously designed based on the number of participants so that the minimum distance between people can be observed.
- The designation of catering zones with tables (small units) is advisable.
- You can find the current minimum distance in our leaflet Corona Regulations. (PDF, 78 KB)
- For the duration of the use of conference rooms the contracting party shall appoint an event manager as a person in charge who is available at all times.
- The event manager shall ensure that the hygiene and social distancing rules are observed when people are entering and exiting the event and during the actual event, and the requirements of the Infection Prevention Act are complied with.
For information about the venue, safety and hygiene, please contact safeexpo(at)messe-stuttgart.de.
Test centre search
Possible test centres around the Messe Stuttgart you can find at: https://map.schnelltestportal.de/
PCR tests in the area are offered here: https://www.landkreis-esslingen.de/start/service/testmoeglichkeiten.html
Please enter the postcode 70629 to locate the nearest test centres to the Messe Stuttgart exhibition centre.
Further information on the entry of international guests