The COVID-19 pandemic calls for changes in the planning of the trade fair presentation in order to take account of the general requirements relating to the pandemic. Messe Stuttgart attaches the utmost priority to the protection of every participant.
Due to the dynamic development of the pandemic situation, it is impossible to make any safe predictions. We will continuously update the FAQs if and when as the general conditions change.
- How many visitors are allowed on an exhibition stand?
- What aspects must be observed in regard to the construction of exhibition stands?
- What hygiene measures must be observed?
- May customers be provided with food and drinks?
- Who is responsible for contact tracing?
- What will happen if SÜFFA is cancelled or companies cancel?
The number of persons is based on the possibilities for maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres. The number of persons will not be checked. The exhibitor is responsible for complying with this condition. The valid exceptions for spouses, families and persons in a common household may also be used on the exhibition stand.
Exhibition stands must be large enough and must be planned in such a way that the stand personnel and visitors on the stand can maintain a minimum distance of 1.50 metres.
- The obligation to cover your mouth and nose applies throughout the entire exhibition grounds (except when seated in catering areas).
- Hand disinfectants: The exhibitor must provide hand disinfectants for his stand personnel and visitors.
- Cleaning of exposed contact surfaces: The exhibitor must carry out regular cleaning of all freely accessible surfaces/exhibits/products in a manner appropriate to visitor frequency. The use of grease-dissolving household cleaners is sufficient.
Stand catering is possible in compliance with the current legal regulation on infection-protective measures against the spread of the coronavirus. Among other things, the following must be observed:
Stand catering is possible in compliance with the Corona Ordinance for restaurants. Among other things, the following must be observed:
- Mouth and nose cover for service personnel
- Preparation of food and drinks in a separate area.
- Customers must be assigned a seat to eat and drink (followed by disinfection).
- When eating together with the customer, the adviser must keep a minimum distance of 1.5 m from the customer or wear the mouth and nose cover.
Messe Stuttgart is responsible for contact tracing via digital visitor tickets, exhibitor passes and service provider passes. This means that visitor admission tickets can only be sold and vouchers can only be redeemed via the online Messe Ticket Service of Messe Stuttgart. Registration on the spot is therefore not possible.
If SÜFFA has to be cancelled "on account of the coronavirus", the corresponding provisions of our General Exhibition Conditions under § 5.9 "Force Majeure" will apply and you will then have the opportunity to claim back and be reimbursed for the stand hire charges which were already paid.
If your company cancels its participation, a cancellation fee will be due according to § 4 "Cancellation".