What you always wanted to know about coffee...
At the Coffee Symposium, international experts provided first-hand insights and information on diverse coffee themes. In entertaining presentations and podium discussions, they gave information on the latest trends and opinions on markets and techniques. They were available for questions and discussions. The Symposium is organised by Dr. Steffen Schwarz from Coffee Consulate.
- "green to roast", Sunday, 04.02.2018, 10.00 - 17.00
- roast to cup: Montag, 5.2.2018, 10 - 17
|Future Talk|| |
(Meet the farmer – The coffee market from the perspective of coffee producers)
LibericaTalk (The forgotten way - with potential)
|RoastersTalk (Innovative roasting houses and concepts worldwide)|| |
OriginRoastTalk (In the country of origin of roasted coffee)
(Innovative coffee bars and coffee concepts worldwide)
(Innovations from the world of coffee)
Award for scientific work in the coffee market
According to legend, the Abyssinian goatherd Kaldi discovered the effect of coffee. This story is common throughout the entire coffee sector. Since 2016, the "KaldiAward" has been presented to persons who have made a significant contribution to the better understanding of coffee or to the improvement of coffee through scientific work. The award will be presented by Coffee Consulate. The decision on the winner will be made on the basis of a vote by an international, independent jury.
The prize will be awarded in the following categories:
- Life's work: To honour the life's work / lifetime achievements of a person in the service of science for coffee
- Raw coffee (cultivation & processing): To honour special achievements for scientific advancement in the area of raw coffee
- Roasting: To honour special achievements for scientific advancement in the area of roasting
- Preparation: To honour special achievements for scientific advancement in the area of coffee preparation