Experience the greatest Culinary Skills from around the World!
Battle between Chefs and Cuisine: Taking Part is Everything
26th IKA/Culinary Olympics - parallel to INTERGASTRA 2024
The IKA/Culinary Olympics is the world‘s largest international exhibition for culinary skills. This event was held for the second time at Messe Stuttgart from 2 to 7 February 2024.
Peering into the professionals‘ pots and pans. Cheering on the chef teams from all over the world as they compete for medals. A unique opportunity was offered to visitors of INTERGASTRA 2024 to enjoy culinary highlights from all parts of the world together with friends or colleagues. Witness the creation of culinary masterpieces, artistic food sculptures and dishes during IKA/Culinary Olympics.
The Road to the Medals
As soon as the Olympic flame has been lit, the participants of the IKA/Culinary Olympics were only focussed on one thing: racking up as many points as possible. The jury judged the teams and individual exhibitors in each competition.
On the four competition days, from 3–6 February 2024, gold, silver and bronze medals have been awarded in every competition based on the number of points. At the final award ceremony on Wednesday, 7 February 2024, the total score decided who stands on the podium and becomes an Olympic champion.
Experience International Culinary Skills Live and Enjoy
Restaurant of Nations, Chef’s Table, Restaurant of Community Catering and more: At the IKA/Culinary Olympics you could enjoy high-quality menus. The creations have been prepared live in these three categories:
Enjoy a first-class international Olympic menu
When the best chefs from all over the world ignite a culinary firework, unique creations are born. You can taste the results in the Restaurant of Nations.
- Competition: Six National Teams per day with 110 menus each
- Offer: Three-course menu from the team of your choice
Your gourmet menu: seven courses, prepared live
At the Chef’s Table, you will see every movement made by the chefs at close quarters. That‘s because you will sit and eat next to the team‘s competition kitchens.
- Competition: Six teams per day, with a table of ten people each
- Offer: Seven-course-menu from the team of your choice
Talented chefs ready to start: you can look forward to three exquisite courses
These young culinary artists share one passion: serving up perfect dishes. The young international chefs will prepare a three-course menu for the visitors.
- Competition: Up to five Junior National Teams per day with 70 menus each
- Offer: Three-course lunch menu from the team of your choice
Experience the different tastes of one nation
From fingerfood to fish and/or seafood and rabbit through to the dessert: The IKA Junior Chef’s Table offers an exciting selection of national delicacies in the competition kitchens.
- Competition: Up to five Junior National Teams per day, each with a table of ten people
- Offer: Five-course-menu from your selected team
Taste the lunch table of catering professionals
The Community Catering Teams competition has evolved with time. In accordance with the principles of healthy, sustainable nutrition, the focus is on vegetables as the main component of the menu, balanced and tasty.
All courses are served on a tray, simple and under realistic conditions – perfect for a light and flexible lunch break.
- Competition: Up to six Community Catering Teams/Military Teams per day with 120 menus each
- Offer: Lunch prepared by the team of your choice, including a non-alcoholic drink
Who won the individual categories in 2024?
- Winning teams in the category National Teams
- Winning teams in the category National Youth Teams
- Winning teams in the category Community Catering
- Winning teams in the category Regional Teams
- Winners in the category Individual Exhibitors