Regarded as “The Award of the Economy for the Economy”: The GlobalConnect Award will be presented for the sixth time At GlobalConnect 2018, Germany’s biggest platform for export and internationalisation.
This national and cross-industry award honours entrepreneurial achievements in foreign business. A top-level expert jury select in a strict selection the winners in the categories “Newcomer”, “Hidden Champion” and “Global Player”. Crucial for each decision are criteria such as niche strategy, interlinking or a special contribution to environment and society.
Over 600 guests from the world of politics and business are expected for the ceremony when the Minister of economic affairs of Baden-Württemberg will present the award.
The independent expert jury consists of the following well-known personalities of the German foreign trade:
- Dr Juergen Friedrich, Chief Executive of Germany Trade and Invest
- Hans Gaeng, local global GmbH
- Dr Stefan Mair, Member of the Executive Board of The Federation of German Industries (BDI)
- Thomas Hoefling, Chief Executive of the Chamber of Trade in the Stuttgart Region
- Jürgen Schäfer, Member of the Executive Board of Baden-Württemberg International
- Dr Volker Treier, Vice President of the Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Tassilo Zywietz, Managing Director of IHK-Exportakademie GmbH
- Senator E.h. Wolfgang Wolf, Managing Director of the Federation of Industry of the State of Baden-Württemberg