The protection and health of our exhibitors, visitors and employees have always been our top priority. Our primary goal is that you still feel safe and comfortable with us. For our exhibitors, we would like to emphasise the following central points of the officially authorised hygiene concept for the conduct of trade fairs on the Messe Stuttgart venue.
This is based on the current Corona Ordinance of the Ministry of Economy and the Ministry of Social Affairs on the containment of transmission of the corona virus (SARS-CoV-2) at trade fairs, exhibitions and congresses (Corona-Ordinance Trade Fairs (PDF, 110 KB), translated by the Stuttgart Convention Bureau, legally valid is the German version), that explicitly allows the conduct of trade fairs and congresses under the condition of using hygiene concepts.
- Will there be an obligation to wear masks?
- What stand construction obligations have to be observed? How many visitors are allowed on the stand?
- Which hygiene measures have to be planned?
- May food and drinks be handed out to customers?
- Who provides the contact tracing?
- Are events on the stand allowed?
- During their stay on the fair grounds, persons from the age of 14 years must wear a medical mask. Children between 7 and 14 years of age have to wear masks but they can use non-medical masks. If you are able to guarantee the minimum distance of 1.5 metres on and at your stand or if you plan for appropriate compensation measures, then there is no obligation to wear a mask. This means: With an appropriate stand design, the obligation to wear masks can be avoided. In addition, we plan a sufficient number of resting and lounging areas for the consumption of food and beverages where no masks have to be worn.
- The stand design must take into consideration that the flow of visitors in the aisles must not come to a standstill. If possible, please do not place counters or exhibits directly at the aisles but 0.5 metres within the stand boundaries.
- Meeting rooms within stand areas have to be designed with completely open ceilings.
- The number of visitors allowed at the stand depends on the possibility to assure a minimum distance of 1.5 metres between visitors. There will be no reviewing of this number by Messe Stuttgart, the responsibility lies completely with the exhibitor. The currently valid exemptions for spouses, families and persons of a common household apply on the trade fair stand.
- Mouth-and-nose covering is mandatory throughout the trade fair centre (except when seated in gastronomic areas).
- Hand disinfection: The exhibitor has to supply hand disinfection solutions for the stand personnel and the visitors.
- Cleaning of exposed contact areas: The exhibitor has to clean all freely accessible surfaces/exhibits/products regularly in relation to the frequency of visitors. The use of fat-dissolving household cleaning agents is sufficient.
For detailed information about our hygiene measures please see our Fact Sheet Measures at the Trade Fair/Exhibition Stand (PDF, 38 KB)
- Stand catering is possible in compliance with the current legal regulation on infection protection measures against the further spread of the Corona virus. The following has to be observed in this respect:
- The catering or service staff at the trade fair stand must wear a face covering or mask when serving food.
- A generous spatial design of the catering offer, use of outdoor areas (e.g. food courts) and the provision of to-go offers guarantee compliance with the applicable rules.
- The exhibitor shall ensure that during the event and in the set-up and dismantling phases the employees at the stand (stand personnel, stand builder, stand caterers) are recorded with their personal details so that the health authorities can reconstruct the chains of infection if necessary.
- The contact tracing of visitors is provided by Messe Stuttgart by means of digital admission tickets, exhibitor passes and service provider passes. This means that the sale of admission tickets and the redemption of vouchers is exclusively handled by the Messe Ticket Service of Messe Stuttgart. Registration on-site is not possible.
- Stand parties are not allowed. Evening events need approval.
- Allgemeinverfügung Landratsamt Esslingen
- Corona-Verordnung des Landes Baden-Württemberg (Stand 1.Juli 2020)
- Corona-Verordnung für Messen, Ausstellungen und Kongresse in Baden-Württemberg (Stand 14. Juli 2020)
- Robert-Koch-Institut: Covid-19 (Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2)
- Landesgesundheitsamt Baden-Württemberg
- Ministerium für Soziales und Integration Baden-Württemberg