Complete variety04.11.2019 - 13:00
More than fifty years old and still fresher and more agile than ever before: CMT will roar into 2020 at full speed and has positioned itself as an innovation show at the start of the year far beyond the borders of Germany. As the world's largest consumer show for tourism and leisure, CMT will attract both caravaning enthusiasts and caravaning newcomers to the Stuttgart Trade Fair Centre from 11 to 19 January 2020. "This year, our visitors can look forward to the biggest and most diverse caravaning section ever," said CMT Team Director Alexander Ege in giving an outlook for the forthcoming event.
Six halls full of caravaning…
…have been available at CMT since 2019. And yet: "The amount of hall space occupied by the caravaning section will increase to more than 75,000 square metres this year," said Ege. Adjacent to the Messepiazza and the Entrance East, the topic of "Camping and Caravaning" will be located in the following halls:
- L-Bank Forum (Hall 1): Volume manufacturers will showcase their new products in this hall. The wide range of off-road vehicles, folding tent trailers and roof tents will be presented together in the gallery. These two areas will be supplemented by corresponding accessories.
- Hall 2: Knaus Tabbert will show the innovations of the different brands here.
- Hall 3: Manufacturers from the premium segment and other volume manufacturers will present their products here.
- Hall 5: Visitors to the exhibition will find other volume manufacturers here.
- Hall 7: Covering an area of more than 10,000 square metres, this hall will be solely devoted to the topic of accessories for the first time. From a new fridge and practical manoeuvring systems through to state-of-the-art retrofit electronics, visitors will find here everything that makes holidays in a mobile home or a caravan even more comfortable.
- Hall 10 (Paul Horn Hall): This hall is the "new location" within the ranks of the caravaning halls. Visitors will find compact vehicles, especially camper vans and vans, here. This offer will be rounded off by suppliers of modular installation Systems.
Together with a large number of other holiday destinations, the wide range of camping sites and mobile home parking areas will be accommodated at CMT 2020 for the first time in the Alfred Kärcher Hall (Hall 8). Hall 6 (Oskar Lapp Hall) and Hall 9 (second CMT weekend) will host this year's caravaning partners, i.e. spas and health resorts in Baden-Württemberg. In its anniversary year, the Baden-Württemberg Spa Association will present the latest offers and trends relating to recovery and health, with and in nature. Mobile home enthusiasts also get their money's worth in spas and health resorts. After all, nature can be experienced in an ideal way during this type of holiday – for example, enjoying the healthy climate of the Black Forest and sleeping right in the middle of this region. There will also naturally be many other offers with numerous thermal springs in the "Number 1 spa region". For example, there are around 50 mobile home parking areas and camping sites at the spas and health resorts in Baden-Württemberg.
Ege: "The size of the caravaning section at CMT has increased by more than 5,000 square metres compared with the previous year. We are pleased to be able to offer CMT visitors even more choice as a result and show the diversity of camping and caravaning even more extensively."
Offers for trade visitors
While more than 1,000 leisure vehicles are exhibited and presented at CMT, an increasing number of vehicles can now be seen on roads in Germany. The registration figures have been rising continuously for years. A large number of mobile home owners are therefore complaining – especially in the high season – that parking spaces can be an extremely scarce commodity. The CMT Parking Summit is making a start here: CMT has been committed for years to creating even closer links between its two topics of tourism and caravaning.
On Monday, 13 January 2020 tourism professionals, destination managers, camping site operators and municipal decision-makers will come together in the Congress Center West at Messe Stuttgart to obtain information on the creation of mobile home parking sites. Under the heading "What's the parking situation?" renowned experts will provide tips for optimum planning and creation of parking sites, municipal representatives will talk about funding opportunities and camping site and mobile home parking area operators will present valuable empirical reports.
Travel and infrastructure
Thanks to its location directly between the airport and the motorway, the Stuttgart Trade Fair Centre enjoys perfect transport connections: The A8 motorway, Stuttgart Airport and the S-Bahn suburban rail system directly outside the front door ensure that travel is pleasant and short. Owners of caravans and mobile homes have also been catered for. The trade fair grounds contain several hundred parking spaces offering a power connection, waste disposal and a disposal station for chemical toilets. Due to the continuing high demand, the parking capacity at and around the Stuttgart Trade Fair Centre will again be significantly extended for CMT 2020.