InsertBox Connect from rose plastic – individual packaging for indexable inserts
Available in only two sizes and with various mounting geometries, the InsertBox Connect is the optimal packaging solution for a wide variety of cutting inserts. You can thus cover a wide range of insert sizes with only one type of packaging. InsertBox Connect is also available without a tool holder and can therefore be used in numerous different ways.
Makes foam materials superfluous
To protect sensitive cutting inserts, good cushioning is the top priority when it comes to the packaging. Typically, indexable inserts are carefully enclosed between soft foam materials and lie securely inside the packaging. InsertBox Connect takes a different approach. It dispenses with foam inserts, thus eliminating the need for this “sandwich system”. This is possible because the centering insert and spacer rings in the base and lid of the box prevent the blades from coming into contact with the surrounding plastic. Inside the closed box, the retaining pin is stabilized by means of an additional attachment point in the lid and thus remains intact even in the event of heavy impacts.
By eliminating the need for additional foam materials, the InsertBox Connect also contributes to sustainability, as single materials are much easier to recycle. By the way – InsertBox Connect is also available in post-consumer recyclate.
The box that makes connections
The packaging also impresses thanks to its practical plug-in function, which inspired the “Connect” part of its name. The individual boxes can be interconnected on all sides and can thus be combined in any size.
Summary: InsertBox Connect allows a wide range of insert sizes to be covered with just one type of packaging. Foam materials are dispensed with completely, reducing both the number of packaging materials and the effort required to process orders – and saving storage space to boot. And by the way, the clever plug-in function enables numerous possible variations. InsertBox Connect offers all of this and is therefore a true all-rounder.
Key features at a glance:
- A wide range of insert sizes can be covered with just one package
- The special tool holder prevents contact of the cutting edges with the plastic, the retaining pin is additionally secured against breakage
- No additional foam materials are required – this reduces costs for procurement, packaging, and warehousing
- The plug-in function allows flexibility when designing packaging units – no re-packaging or new packaging is required for custom units
- InsertBox Connect consists of only one material, eliminating the need to remove foam materials from the box during disposal
- Suitable for automated processes