The charming city of Stuttgart offers its visitors a diverse offering, which attracts numerous guests to the capital of Baden Württemberg each year. In a central location with optimal infrastructure, well-known as a leading export region, with an exciting cultural programme - Stuttgart offers a lot and much more. Experience Stuttgart here at a glance:
Economy, education, research
- The companies located here focus on the automotive industry, electronics, electrical technology and mechanical engineering.
- Stuttgart is famous all over the world as a leading location in the automotive industry with internationally renowned companies such as Daimler, Porsche and Bosch.
- The USA, the EU and China are among the most important economic partners.
- Over 15 excellent universities and research institutes including two Max Planck Institutes and five Frauenhofer Institutes
- Stuttgart has a large network of well-known institutes of biotechnology and is one of the medical and therapeutic competence centres in Germany
- Stuttgart is one of the most innovative metropoles in Europe
Quality of life
- Excellent quality of life in one of the safest regions in Germany, in which over 170 different nationalities cohabit
- Broad cultural offering - World-famous ballet, Award-winning State Opera House, excellent theatre, galleries, concerts and festivals
- Inviting Swabian and gourmet restaurants with international specialities, as well as numerous bars and cafés
- Stuttgart is one of the greenest regions in Germany
- One of the best wine-growing regions in Europe
- Well-known museums such as the Mercedes-Benz and Porsche Museum
- The award-winning State Opera House and the internationally known ballet offer a first-class cultural experience
- Healing mineral sources in Bad Cannstatt
- Stuttgart festivals: Bad Cannstatter Volksfest (folk festival and funfair) - second largest folk festival and funfair in Germany, Stuttgart Weindorf (wine festival) and the Stuttgart Christmas Market
- Wilhelma - Europe's unique zoological and botanical garden
- world's first TV tower in reinforced steel
- outlet city of Metzingen