to press material

Pressemitteilung

24 January 2017

No. 2

Messe Stuttgart acquires Turkish subsidiary

Ufuk Altintop appointed as new Managing Director

Ufuk Altintop, Managing Director of the Turkish subsidiary of Messe Stuttgart

Ufuk Altintop, Managing Director of the Turkish subsidiary of Messe Stuttgart

On 1 January 2017, Messe Stuttgart acquired the remaining shares in its Turkish subsidiary with its head office in Istanbul. Up to now Messe Stuttgart held 60 percent of the shares. With the retirement of the previous managing partner, Hakan Gençoğlu, Messe Stuttgart also acquired the remaining 40 percent. Roland Bleinroth, President of Messe Stuttgart, explains the reasons behind this measure: "For us Turkey is an important economic region with a strong domestic market. We are convinced that the region will also continue to be an important source market for our trade fairs in Stuttgart. With the acquisition we are demonstrating our long-term commitment, and our customers realise and appreciate this greatly." Hakan Gençoğlu will act as a consultant and continue to share his many years of experience and contacts in the Turkish trade fair business.

Since 1 January 2017, the new Managing Director of Messe Stuttgart Ares Fuarcılık is Ufuk Altintop. The 45-year-old was acting as Deputy Managing Director since September 2015 and is already familiar with the structures and processes in the company. The tourism manager with an MBA qualification has been working in the Turkish trade fair business for over 15 years: Since 2000 he has been working in international sales and marketing, among other areas, for Hanover Fairs Istanbul, and since 2005 he managed the business there as Deputy Managing Director.

Messe Stuttgart has been represented in Turkey with its own affiliated company since 2010. Messe Stuttgart Ares Fuarcılık organises R+T Turkey, the leading regional trade fair for roller shutters, doors/gates and sun protection systems, in Istanbul. The offshoot of the leading world trade fair R+T in Stuttgart has been taking place every two years since 2013. Ibatech is the leading trade fair for the bakery and confectionery trade for the Turkish market and the neighbouring states of Turkey. Ibatech now has spin-off events in Ankara and Izmir.

Messe Stuttgart is active all over the world and has a network of subsidiaries and foreign representatives in 50 countries. As a result, not only more exhibitors and visitors are being acquired for trade fairs in Stuttgart, but also self-organised events are being organised abroad. In addition, Messe Stuttgart regularly looks after various official German joint participations at leading international trade fairs.

http://bildarchiv.messe-stuttgart.de/messe/bildarchiv/download/Unternehmen/Personen/Geschäftsführer/UK_17_Altintop_Ufuk_gr.jpg
Since 1 January 2017, Ufuk Altintop is the new Managing Director of the Turkish subsidiary of Messe Stuttgart.
download this picture
back to list
to press material