- July 2013: The Board of Management and shareholders of Landesmesse Stuttgart GmbH give the go ahead for plans to upgrade the West entrance and to build another hall on the trade fair grounds.
- Mid-July 2014: The concrete plans for the new building are ready. The Board of Management, the state of Baden-Württemberg, the city of Stuttgart and the Stuttgart regional assembly make their final decision on the project.
- Autumn 2015: The foundation stone for the new building is laid.
- January 2016: Delve of spade
- Hall 10 will be occupied in 2018, a strong trade fair year with a number of large events taking place.